Thursday, September 11, 2014

Onion Kheer (Payasam)

Very happy to type a blog after 2 1/2 years gap. I know it is a long period, but things have changed a lot, so I needed the break. You friends were too good, though I was not active, many of you visited my blog frequently and dropped some comments. Thanks a lot for that. This happiness kindled me to kick start my blog once again.

Let start with something sweet today by making ONION KHEER.
I come to know about this kheer aka pudding from my neighbor who had this in a restaurant in a 5 star hotel for dessert. I was surprised when I heard this, and was itching to try the recipe. Finally found an occasion to try it last week.


Good thing Google  didn't disappoint me when I searched for the recipe. Found the recipe in couple of sites. I tried this from a cookery blog My Dhaba, If you like to give it a try like me, click here to go to  the recipe .
Note : To get rid of the pungent smell, I boiled the cut onions in water and drained it, repeated the process again.

.
Enjoy the onion kheer hot or cold, either way it is tasted yummy.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my site.
I welcome your comments :)